Friday, May 16, 2008

My Sis's Bday

Today is Friday, May 16. My oldest sisters birthday. She will always be 10 years older than me but for some reason as she gets older, so do I. Crazy, I know. I'm 25. I just don't think its appropriate for me to tell you how old she is. I will leave that up to her on her blog. She probably is the only one thats going to read this anyways.

10 years is a long time when you are younger. But as you age, 10 years is not really that much. That reminds me of my grandma! I remember the time when my wife Steph, her twin sister Stacy, her husband Karsten, me, my Grandma Hutson, and her sister Aunt Esther were all riding in Steph's car to go eat at Chili's. The whole time we were in the car we laughed so hard. I don't remember ever laughing so hard. They just kept going on and on at each other. My grandma would say "Do you all know how old she is? She's almost 80. 10 years older than me." And then Esther would come back with "Do you know that she is wearing a wig. Thats not her real hair." They went back and forth at each other for the whole time we were driving. It was too funny.

10 years is a long time but when I'm 65 my sister will be 75. I will still be reminding her that she is sooo old even then because I'll be 10 years younger. I doubt I will be wearing a wig, but you never know.

1 comment:

WORDS CAFE said...

Yep, I will always be older than you, therefore...wiser, so listen to your sister (wig or no wig!)

and sorry again for stepping on your baseball cards!

love ya!